Spicy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
You know, I really do love my Slow Cooker! It is so nice to just combine everything and leave it alone in there all day and not think about it until it is dinner time. Every Thursday will now be Slow Cooker Thursday here at Cozy Country Living. On Thursdays I will share with you a tried and true Slow Cooker recipe that my family loves. I thought towards the end of the week it would be nice to plan a Slow Cooker meal which would allow a little more time in our schedules to catch up on other things and get ready for the weekend. This Spicy Beef Stew was a nice change. I wasn’t really sure my family would like the spiciness, but it wasn’t too hot and it tasted like a combination of regular Beef Stew and Chili. We really enjoyed it:) Join me every Thursday for a new Slow Cooker recipe!
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, diced into 2 inch chunks
- 3 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Put beef in slow cooker, sprinkle flour on beef and stir to coat.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until blended.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serves 6.