Slow Cooker Strawberry Applesauce
It is not quite strawberry season here in Western New York, but the produce section of the grocery store has had plenty of ripe juicy strawberries available lately. My children absolutely love strawberries so I have been busy incorporating them into some yummy recipes! Today I am going to share with you a very simple Slow Cooker recipe for Strawberry Applesauce. This recipe makes the most delicious, fresh applesauce. If you have little ones at home, I am sure they would love to have fun in the kitchen and help you prepare this. At our house, I do all of the knife work, but my children like to put everything in the slow cooker, mix the ingredients, and set the timer and heat settings. It is so rewarding for them to eat something that they helped prepare! This recipe will last about a week in your refrigerator, but I have never have much of this applesauce left over to store! Enjoy!
- 4 lbs. golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Place apples and strawberries in your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour in the water.
- Stir so everything is well combined.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Uncover, and with a potato masher, mash the applesauce until you get the consistency you want. If you like your applesauce smoother and less chunky, you can use an immersion blender.
- Let the applesauce cool for 30 minutes and then chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- This recipe makes about 8 cups of applesauce.
- Store leftover applesauce in a large mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*Linking up at Mom On Timeout
*Linking up at The Taylor House
*Linking up at Consider Me Inspired
*Linking up at Reasons To Skip The Housework
*Linking up at Joyful Homemaking
*Linking up at Sew Crafty Angel
*Linking up at I Gotta Create
*Linking up at The Real Thing with The Coake Family
*Linking up at Foodie Friends Friday
*Linking up at Diana Rambles
*Linking up at Six Sisters Stuff
*Linking up at Skip To My Lou
*Linking up at Pinkapotamus
*Linking up at I Should Be Mopping The Floor
*Linking up at Tumbleweed Contessa
*Linking up at Keeping It Simple
*Linking up at Rain On A Tin Roof
*Linking up at Serendipity and Spice
*Linking up at Cupcakes & Crinoline
*Linking up at Living Well Spending Less
*Linking up at Sweet Bella Roos
*Linking up at Yummy Healthy Easy