Slow Cooker Garlic Broccoli & Cheese Soup
On a cold and rainy day there is nothing more comforting than a hot bowl of homemade soup. This Slow Cooker Garlic Broccoli & Cheese Soup is so simple, but so delicious! This soup is also lighter than your traditional Broccoli & Cheese Soups. Along with fresh broccoli, carrots, onions, garlic, and freshly grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese, this soup is blended with vegetable stock and 2 % milk instead of heavy cream. Since I couldn’t spend all day in the kitchen today, this was a time saving, homemade meal that I didn’t have to touch or even think about it until it was dinner time. I filled the slow cooker in the morning and I had a soup that tasted like it had been cooking on top of the stove all day when my family was ready to wind down for the evening. With the use of an immersion blender, you can puree this soup to your desired texture. I personally like to make this soup pretty smooth and then top it with Sharp Cheddar Cheese. My children’s favorite part about this meal is adding more cheese! Serve this soup with a garden salad and a fresh loaf of bread for a warm and cozy meal. What is your family’s favorite soup when the weather turns colder?
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 5 cups good vegetable stock (or homemade)
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1.2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove the lid and use an immersion blender to puree the soup to your desired texture.
- Top with freshly grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese and serve with a garden salad and a fresh loaf of bread.
- Serves 6.
- * If you think your soup is a little too runny, remove 3/4 cup of the soup and mix with 1 Tbsp. of cornstarch, then mix back in with the rest of the soup to thicken a bit.
*Linking up at Pint Sized Baker
*Linking up at Love Grows Wild
*Linking up at Chef In Training
*Linking up at Nap Time Creations
*Linking up at Table for 7
*Linking up at Ginger Snap Crafts
*Linking up at Savvy Southern Style
*Linking up at Life With The Crust Off
*Linking up at The Taylor House
*Linking up at My Sweet Mission
*linking up at Diana Rambles
*Linking up at Cheerios and Lattes
*linking p at Simply Gloria
*Linking up at Tumbleweed Contessa