Savory Slow Cooker Chicken & Biscuits
This savory Chicken & Biscuits is a huge hit in our family. When I make this there are NEVER any left overs. This does NOT use any ”cream of..” soup, it is made with chicken broth, dry white wine, seasonings, fresh parsley and heavy cream. The creaminess of this soup is rich and the chicken melts in your mouth. If you haven’t planned your meals for next week, give this savory slow cooker meal a try. I don’t think you will be disappointed!
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bag frozen vegetables such as mixed peas, carrots, corn & beans
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (5-7)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 package store bought biscuits or homemade
- In a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker mix together the carrots, celery, onion, frozen mixed vegetables, parsley and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with poultry seasoning.
- Season with about 1 tsp. of salt and about 1/4 tsp. black pepper also.
- Add the wine and broth.
- Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 6 hours.
- Bake store bought biscuits or homemade biscuits 15 minutes before serving.
- At this time add the cream and 1/4 tsp. more of salt, mix and re-cover to warm the final 10 minutes or so of cook time.
- To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in bowls, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.