Peanut Butter & Banana Nut Chewy Granola Bars
My children are really enjoying the nice weather so far this month and have been busy running around outside and getting lots of fresh air. When they come in the house after playing, they are bringing their appetites with them as well.
Today I made a batch of these yummy Peanut Butter & Banana Nut Chewy Granola Bars for them. These no bake treats are very easy to make and will satisfy any hungry child’s appetite! Old fashioned oats are blended with peanut butter, mashed banana, banana chips, honey roasted peanuts, and chocolate chips for a sweet yet filling snack. I even like to add a little ground flax seed to the mix for added nutrition.
These bars can be cut and stored in the refrigerator in individual bags or containers and can even be taken on the go if you are running late in the morning. I like to make these because they end up being very convenient for our family. If one of my kiddos is dragging their feet in the morning or doesn’t feel like eating a lot for breakfast, I can always send one of these along with them to school. My daughter has dance classes late in the evening, so when she comes home she is always looking for something a little extra to eat and I can have her quickly grab one of these before she goes to bed. These bars never go to waste and are always worth the 15 minutes (if that) it took for me to make them. Do you make your own granola bars? What flavors are popular at your house?
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried banana chips
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 (or slightly smaller if you want a thicker bar) with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, banana chips, peanuts, cinnamon, chocolate chips and flax seed.
- In a medium saucepan on low heat, combine the peanut butter, honey, mashed banana, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Stir until well combined and texture is syrup like.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the oat mixture and stir very well, making sure to coat all of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into your baking dish and evenly spread and pack down the mixture.
- I like to use the back of my measuring cup:)
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.
- You can even place it in the freezer for 10 minutes for even easier cutting.
- Cut into desired size and serve for breakfast or a snack.
- Remaining bars can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*Linking up at: