Lemon & Spinach Pasta
Good Morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I am so excited to finally have some warmer temperatures outside. It’s been between 40 and 50 degrees here during the day, and with the snow melted, this weekend I was finally able to put on my mud boots and take a look around our yard and garden. It’s an absolute mess and I have a lot of work ahead of me, but being able to just get outside and have a plan of attack makes me happy. I also love seeing my daffodils and tulips starting to pop up through the ground. Have you seen any signs of Spring in your yard yet? If you are looking for some Spring lawn & garden ideas, head over to my Gardening board on Pinterest! If you have your own gardening board on Pinterest, I would love to take a peak at what your are busy doing outdoors as well. I am always looking for great new ideas to apply in and around my home. With hours of yard and garden work ahead of me, a lot of simple, quick dinners are going to be on my family’s menu this month.
Today I am sharing this tasty Lemon & Spinach Pasta with you. This meal takes only minutes to prepare and is perfect for Spring! The light and fresh flavor from the lemon is mixed with cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic and scallions, then tossed with your favorite pasta, fresh spinach and of course topped with even more freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a great, satisfying week night dinner. If your family prefers a heartier meal, you can always add some juicy grilled chicken to this dish. Served with a fresh salad and bread, this meal is sure to please on a busy evening when you have limited time to spend in the kitchen!
- zest from 1 lemon & the juice from that lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti
- 2 (5 oz.) packages organic spinach
- In a stock pot, bring salted water to a boil.
- Add your pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, bring the lemon juice, zest, scallions, and garlic to a simmer, then add the half and half, whisk together and simmer for 1 more minute, being careful not to scald.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the spinach to the pasta while still cooking, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the pasta and spinach, return to the pot and toss with the lemon mixture.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and toss.
- Serve hot ( or room temperature if you like) and with more Parmesan if desired along with fresh bread.
- Serves 4-6.
- *Also tastes great with grilled chicken!
*Linking up at:
Skip To My Lou