This is my favorite cake in the whole wide world! Every year for my birthday my mother makes me this wonderful pistachio cake. My birthday is in the summer, but I have always thought that this is a great cake for spring too. The pale green frosting is just the prettiest color and would be perfect for Easter. Not only is this cake moist and delicious, it is very easy to make. This cake can also be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator which makes it so convenient if you are planning a big meal. If you do make this cake, I hope you love it just as much as I do:)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 boxes Jello Pistachio Instant pudding
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, 2 boxes of pudding, water, oil and 1/2 cup milk.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let sit 5 minutes then remove from pan and place onto a plate or cake stand to cool completely.
- When cake has cooled, In a mixing bowl, combine the Cool Whip, 1 box pistachio pudding and 1 1/2 cups milk. I like to whip this quickly with my handheld mixer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Frost cake and serve chilled.
- Store any left over cake in the refrigerator.
*Linking up at Sugar and Dots
*Linking up at Daisy Cottage Designs
*Linking up at Savvy Southern Style
*Linking up at Ginger Snap Crafts
*Linking up at Southern Lovely
*Linking up at Mom On Timeout
*Linking up at The Taylor House
*Linking up at Consider Me Inspired
*Linking up at The Best Blog Recipes
*Linking up at Serenity Now
*Linking up at Foodie Friends Friday
*Linking up at Sweet Bella Roos
*Linking up at I Gotta Create
*Linking up at The NY Melrose Family
*Linking up at Buns In My Oven
*Linking up at Skip To My Lou
*Linking up at Hun What’s For Dinner
*Linking up at Cupcakes and Crinoline
*Linking up at The NY Melrose Place