Lemon & Garlic Chicken Breast
I hope all of you wonderful mothers out there had a very nice Mother’s Day with the ones you love! I feel truly blessed that I was able to share that special day with my grandmother, mother and mother-in-law. If you follow along on Instagram, you can see some of the simple fresh flower gifts and center pieces I made for Mother’s Day using flowers from our yard. The weather was absolutely gorgeous for picking. My weekend ended with a lovely, simple dinner, a glass of wine and chocolate cake shared with my special moms! It was a great day!
Since I really splurged on food yesterday, I’m back on track today! It’s Monday and I always feel like no matter what I ate on the weekend, I can start fresh on Monday Morning. This simple baked Lemon & Garlic Chicken Breast flavorful, Spring meal served with fresh vegetables or a salad. The chicken breasts are baked with freshly minced garlic, lemon, parsley and olive oil to give you a delicious, lean entree without sacrificing flavor.
I like to buy a lot of chicken breast when it’s on sale. I cook the chicken, cut some of it up and even freeze it for later. It really comes in handy during the busy work week if I want to put together a quick casserole. I leave some of the chicken sliced and ready in the refrigerator so I can top my salads with it for lunch too. If you freezer cook, you can also make a few meals with this chicken and have the whole dish ready to pull out of the freezer any day of the week. One of our family’s favorite chicken casseroles that works well with this Lemon & Garlic Chicken is Chicken Divan, but the possibilities are endless.
The next time chicken breast is on sale at your local grocery store, stock up and try this tasty recipe to get you ahead in the kitchen!
- 4 or 5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- large handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large lemon, sliced and making sure there is a slice for each breast
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle the bottom of a 9 x 13 or larger baking dish generously with olive oil.
- Arrange the chicken in the dish on top of the olive oil.
- Season the chicken breast with sea salt and black pepper.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 slice of lemon.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic and parsley evenly over the chicken.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing or serving.
- Can be used as an entree, in casseroles or for salads.
*Linking up at: