This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento® Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
Ahh, breakfast! It’s the most important meal of the day, but sometimes we have a really hard time squeezing it in. If you’ve missed breakfast at home, you may be use to grabbing a warm sandwich along with your coffee at a drive thru on your way to work. The problem with that is, is that you really just don’t know what’s in that sandwich. Is there real egg in there, or just a substitute? Is the cheese real, or is it imitation? These tasty, homemade Ham, Egg & Pepper Jack Cheese Bagel Sandwiches can be made quickly, and even ahead of time so you can enjoy a delicious breakfast from home even if you are running late in the morning!
You can make just one bagel sandwich, but most of the time I prefer to make a half a dozen at a time. My family loves these for breakfast on the weekends, but I’ve also made them ahead of time and stored them in our refrigerator or freezer for busy mornings.
To get started, grab a bag of your favorite bagels. We like whole wheat bagels for this recipe, but any variety will do! Toast the bagels, and then butter them as soon as they pop up, while they are still nice and warm.
Then add 3 slices of thinly sliced honey or smoked ham from your deli onto the bottom of the bagel.
On a stove top griddle or in a large skillet, melt some butter and crack your eggs. Add some black pepper and a little salt if you wish. As soon as the eggs are white and start to get crisp around the edges, carefully break the yolk with your spatula to help ensure cooking.
You are going to want a soft creamy yolk, not a runny one for this sandwich. I sometimes flip my egg over at the last minute to make sure it’s not runny.
When your eggs are ready, place 1 egg on top of the ham on each bagel bottom.
Now for the best part… the cheese! I don’t know about you, but I’m a cheese person. I can’t imagine enjoying a breakfast sandwich without it!
Sargento® Sliced Cheese is always delicious, convenient, natural and 100% real and authentic.
Did you know that Pasteurized Process Cheese Food (PPCF), sometimes known as American singles, is only required to contain 51% real cheese? With other brands, who knows what the other 49% is?!
We love Pepper Jack for this recipe, but if that’s a little to hot for you, don’t worry… you can find several different Sargento® 100% real & natural cheese slices like Sharp Cheddar, Provolone, or Swiss at your local grocery store.
You can feel good serving this cheese and sandwich to your family because you know it’s real!
Place a slice of cheese over the egg and then cover it with the bagel top while pushing down slightly.
If I have a little extra time, I’ll put all of the bagels on a baking sheet and place them under the broiler for a few minutes to help melt the cheese and allow the sandwich to be nice and hot when served. It’s so worth it!
If you are making these ahead of time, prepare these as usual and then after the sandwiches cool, wrap each one in a paper towel and plastic wrap.
When you are ready to warm them, remove the plastic wrap, set the sandwich on a plate and reheat it in your microwave and take it on the go if you need to! Yum!
With cooler mornings ahead, I’m sure your family would be thrilled to have one of these warm, homemade breakfast sandwiches waiting for them at the table in the morning!
By the way- these yummy sandwiches aren’t just for breakfast! Enjoy them for lunch or dinner too!
You May Also Enjoy: