I just love breakfast foods and I don’t limit them strictly to the morning either. As a matter of fact, my family always enjoys breakfast for dinner! There are so many different meals you an make with a few eggs, some meat and fresh vegetables that can become a satisfying meal anytime of day.
Yesterday when I was at the grocery store, I picked up a few large loaves of french bread to make pepperoni pizzas. I was about to put the extra loaves in the freezer for a different day when I had an idea for breakfast! With a little left over ham in the refrigerator from Easter, I could make a yummy breakfast pizza! This French Bread Breakfast Pizza is easy to make, inexpensive and feeds a crowd! The chewy, french bread is layered with sharp cheddar cheese, diced ham, scrambled eggs, onion and pepper, then baked in the oven to melt everything and get it nice and toasted. I ended up serving this pizza for lunch and it went well with the fresh fruit I had on hand! If you are looking for a simple meal, grab a loaf of french bread from your local bakery and surprise your family with this delicious pizza!
Here’s what I did:
Gather the ingredients.
Saute the onion and pepper in a little butter.
After a few minutes, the onion and pepper should be softened and you can pour in the beaten eggs and scramble.
Preheat your oven, slice your french bread in half and start layering on the toppings.
All ready to go into the oven!
After the pizzas come out of the oven, place carefully on a cutting board and slice.
Serve with fresh fruit and orange juice and enjoy!
- 1 large loaf of french bread, sliced in half
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups chopped ham
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups freshly grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Tbsp. butter softened, divided
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute your onion and pepper in 2 Tbsp. of butter for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the eggs and constantly stir until scrambled and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Set your bread on a baking sheet.
- Butter the inside of the two pieces of french bread with the remaining butter.
- Sprinkle the bread with half of the cheddar cheese.
- Add half of the ham, then the egg mixture evenly among the two pieces of bread.
- Add the remaining cheese and ham.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the outside of the bread is toasted.
- Remove from the oven, and place the pizzas on a cutting board and slice.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit and orange juice.
- Serves 6-8.
*Linking up at: